Plaza Dental was initially established in 1984 by Drs Ken Franklin and Phil Deane to act as a branch practice to provide increased convenience for their patients living to the north of the Pioneer River. Dr Deane has been based entirely at Mt Pleasant since 1987.
The practice has always had a philosophy of providing the highest standard of patient care in a modern, friendly setting. This commitment has seen us grow and we now have 5 Dentists, an Oral Health Therapist and more than a dozen support staff.
We truly believe that prevention is better than cure, and for that reason our focus is to do everything we can to help our patients develop and maintain excellent dental health throughout their lives. Unfortunately for many people there past dental experience has not had such a strong preventive focus, and their mouths are the legacy. For these people, our experienced team is able to help them make sure that their mouths are returned to health, and most importantly, they are able to maintain that health.
Because of our size and experience we are able to offer a broad range of dental treatments. These include:
- Comprehensive preventive care including periodontal treatment
- Restoration of teeth including Fillings, Ceramic Inlays, Onlays and Crowns
- Replacement of missing teeth with Implants, Bridges or Dentures
- Wisdom Teeth removal and Minor Oral Surgery
- Simple orthodontic treatment (Invisalign)
- Complex rehabilitation for patients with severe dental disease